Hello to everyone visiting from Pinterest! I'm so happy that you've found my little corner of the Internet :) There's quite a bit here to explore, so please have a look around! Also, I'd love it if you would join us over on Facebook:
I was totally stumped with what to do with the coconut flour Bob's Red Mill sent in the trio of ingredients to review... We don't have any major gluten intolerance in my house, and there usually isn't anything fabulously-tasting about gluten-free foods. But, in a burst of creativity one night last week, Little Bear and I ventured into the world of gluten-free baking.
My expectations were low, but, I dare say that these little gems are so amazingly moist and flavorful, that no one will suspect that they are gluten free at all!
|For an extra treat, we topped with whipped cream!|
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour, sifted or whisked to remove lumps
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup unrefined honey melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh orange segments, finely chopped
1. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and orange extract. Mix on high until the mixture is even.
3. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mixing on high until all of the lumps are removed (you aren't developing the gluten like you do with wheat flour, so you won't make the muffins tough by over mixing).
4. Gently fold in blueberries & orange pieces.
5. Fill baking cups about 3/4 full (about one level ice cream scoop per cup). I used the nut & party cups or the Martha Steward papers with foil on the inside, because they keep their color and shape beautifully after baking!
|*someone* may have dipped into the batter before the muffins made it to the oven...|
6. Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12 small muffins.
Forget everything you know about gluten-free baking, because you will be amazed by these muffins. I served them at a Stella & Dot trunk show I hosted this weekend, and everyone asked for the recipe!
Happy baking, y'all!